- Functions: regulates migration of activated immune cells by activating S1P G-protein coupled receptors, leading to increased sequestering of lymphocytes influx into the lymph node.
- FTY720: approved for treating for relapse remitting MS; phase II clinical trial showed suppression of relapse.
- Natalizumab (anti-a4b1 antibody)/Tyzabri
- Functions: blocking the a4b1 integrin expressed on activated lymphocytes, which a4b1 integrin is required to interact with VCAM-1 on endothelial cells for the activated cells to cross vasculature to the CNS.
- Alemtuzumab (anti-CD52 antibody)
- Functions: blocking CD-52 expressed on immune cells. Thus, it will deplete immune cells from circulation.
- Anti-CD20 (Rituximab, Ocrelizumab)
- Functions: blocking the CD-20 expressed on B cell, thus it will stop maturation of B cell into antibody secreting plasma cells.